Volumetric pathfinding for Flying A.I. bots to navigate complex aerial corridors, aerial obstacles, 6 D.O.F 3D-mazes, etc. This fully dynamic solution supports procedural worlds with ever-changing collision geometry and other advanced use-cases.
DoN's 3D pathfinding for Flying A.I. enables your bots to navigate narrow aerial corridors, crevices, 3D mazes, etc without having to rely on waypoints, line-tracing heuristics or other less reliable methods. The system works even in highly dynamic/procedural worlds with moving collision geometry. Easy to use behavior tree node and Blueprint APIs provided, no C++ knowledge necessary. A comprehensive demo map has been prepared with examples of complex scenarios, known limitations, usage tips and more. The plugin has been tried-and-tested in a production environment (for the Steam game "Drunk On Nectar").
• Fully dynamic 6.D.O.F. pathfinding solver for Flying A.I.
• Supports "Infinite Map Size" (lazy-load) along with "Finite World" (better performance) for accommodating projects with vastly different requirements
• "Fly To" Behavior Tree node provided along with a rich Pathfinding A.P.I. accessible from Blueprints and C++.
• Tick distributed solver guarantees game thread is never held up more than a certain amount of time.
• Robust query-timeout handling, debug visualization
Network Replicated: No, but client A.I. will automatically receive location updates via Unreal's standard actor location replication as only the Server is expected to perform the actual pathfinding.
Supported Development Platforms: Win64
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win32, Win64, Linux
Example Project: drive.google.com/open?id=0ByqN_J5XY2wjWVFjUWlzLWdOUFU
Important/Additional Notes: Implementing locomotion functionality is not the focus of this system. Solved paths are routed to your bot for you to implement any desired kind of locomotion.