Whether you’re already working with Unreal Engine, or you’re looking to add it to your program, an Epic MegaGrant is a great way to develop and strengthen your educational initiatives within real-time 3D. We want to share a few suggestions for submitting the best possible application, so you can make your classroom experiences even more incredible.
Here are a few tips to ensure you provide us with all of the information needed on your Epic MegaGrants application:
1. If you are applying to fund a project through your institution, use your education email address, and include the school name in your contact details.Use the email address associated with your institution, and under Company, list the name of the school where you teach. For Title, include your professional title and department or program name.
2. Give your project a clear and descriptive name.The project name should reflect your initiative. "Magical Forest Game" and "Architectural Visualization Research” are examples of clear titles.
3. Provide proper documentation.If you would like to share additional reference materials that are available online, such as videos or documents, we encourage using major video streaming platforms (e.g., Vimeo, YouTube) and cloud-based software (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive). Please include any relevant private video passwords in your application, and have the proper sharing settings enabled.
4. Tell us about your project.This is the most important part of the application. Information we’re looking for includes:
- Your "elevator pitch"
- Details about your Unreal Engine use
- Project deliverables and desired outcome
- Benefit to the community
5. Describe your plan.
6. Tell us how much funding you’re requesting.
We recommend that you work with your grant administrators to determine any overhead or administrative costs imposed by your institution that should be factored into your requested amount. We also encourage you to consult your tax advisor to understand any tax implications.
There you have it, six tips to ensure that you have the very best education-based MegaGrant application. Good luck!
While you’re working on your MegaGrants application, be sure to check out Unreal Online Learning (login required), our free video tutorial platform. Now it’s easier than ever to learn Unreal Engine with curated learning paths, progress tracking, automatic bookmarking, achievement badges, and more.
You can access additional Unreal Engine learning resources for educators here: https://www.unrealengine.com/educators