Created using Niagara Particle Systems, Blueprints with construction scripts and static meshes. This project contains a level for each and all of the planets in the solar system. A Blueprint for each planet provides customization options such as scale, surface speed, cloud speed, atmosphere glow, falloff and colour (where applicable).
Niagara particle systems are used for the Sun particles, Saturn and Uranus rings. All of them have exposed parameters controllable by the user such as spawn rate, drag, curl noise, particle size and colour.
Includes an asset named BP_PlanetOrbit which can be used to orbit each planet around the sun (or the moon around the earth). Exposed parameters for orbit radius, start angle, rotation (in degrees/second) clockwise or counterclockwise switch, and a draw debug line with colour option. This blueprint also includes options to create a point light, set the attenuation radius, intensity and colour.
A system has been created for the crab nebula, cat eye nebula and helix nebula, all made with Niagara and static meshes.
An asteroid and its trail were created with Niagara too, all of the parameters are customizable, such as colour, speed and cone angle.
A Quasar object is provided too, along with a blueprint that controls parameters such as colour, spawn rate, drag, disk size, etc.
This real-time VFX can be used for a multitude of projects, space exploration games would benefit from it as well as high-end visual effects and VP.
Hope you enjoy!
• 3 Niagara Systems, one for the Sun particles and others for Saturn and Uranus rings.
• 10 Blueprints, one for each planet, sun and moon. All of them have user exposed parameters to control different parts of the system (Spawn rate, particle size, drag and curl noise).
• 12 Individual levels, one for each planet (8), moon and moon rotating around the earth, one for the sun and a NOT TO SCALE solar system (it would NOT be possible to set the planets at the correct scale and orbit).
• BP_PlanetOrbit blueprint with exposed parameters to control radius, start angle, rotation speed (degrees/second), clockwise or counterclockwise rotation, draw debug line and colour for it.
• HDRI background around the solar system, includes a star map texture.
Nebula, Asteroid and Quasar
• 7 Niagara Systems, one for the Crab Nebula Cat Eye Nebula and Helix Nebula, 3 for the Quasar and 1 for the Asteroid Trail.
• 2 Blueprints, one for the asteroid and one for the Quasar Both of them have user exposed parameters to control different parts of the system (Spawn rate, particle size, drag and curl noise, colour, cone angle, velocity min and max).
• 5 Individual Levels, one for each object.
• Runs at 120+fps on an RTX 2080 Ti, I expect it to run at 30 or less on a GTX 1060.
Type of Emitters: CPU and GPU Emitters
Number of Unique Effects: 10 Niagara Systems
Number of Materials: 21 Master Materials, 40 Material Instances
Number of Unique Meshes: 15 Static Meshes
Number of Textures: 34 Textures [512x512, 2048x1024, 4096x2048, 8192x4096]
Supported Development Platforms: