Trailer (landscape materials from this video are not included in this pack)
This pack contains 139 real world heightmaps from England (Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Sussex). Every heightmap is 16 square km and has a 4k resolution (4033 x 4033). All heightmaps preserve the real world scales and are created from DEM (Digital Elevation Model) with 1 meter horizontal precision, to give you the best quality you can get with nowadays technology. The landscapes are perfect for photorealistic projects (shooters, RPG, open-world, racing, strategy etc.) and also for the movies industry or any other project which requires realistic terrain/landscape.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD" (Export PNG works only for version 4.21-4.27)
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename England131_XY_100_Z_23 , the X and Y scale is 100 and Z scale is 23. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Textures: 139
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).
If you like this pack, feel free to write a review and rate it. This will keep me motivated to create better and better assets. Thank you!