Weapon FOV is an very useful material node that solves a lot of issues related to the first-person character. This package will take your FPP camera view to the industry standards like Shadow Warrior, HL2, Battlefield, Dying Light and much more without any noticeable additional cost.
- Separate weapon FOV: You can set a custom field of view per weapon. This feature fixes the weapon stretching when changing the game FOV. Useful for implementing zoom effect and calibrating weapon size on the screen independently to the camera.
- Weapon depth priority: Weapon scale in camera Z axis (depth). This feature fixes the intersection of weapons with walls. Player capsule radius can be smaller and the weapons can be rendered over the environment.
- Near plane clipping: Modify the near clip plane to see more/less of mesh in the camera.
- Weapon transform: allow to apply a custom position of the weapon in camera space.
- Effect blending: Implements transition between FOV space and world space based on the distance from the camera. Useful for projectiles and character body that is standing on the ground.
- Can be customized per weapon or controlled in global material parameter collection.
- Just material node calculated per vertex so implementation is very fast and you don't need to use any additional render target or separate pass to fix problems with a weapon.
- Example map included
Number of Material Functions: 2 (blend and default)
Number of Materials: 3 examples of using material node (Weapon/Hands/Projectile)
Number of Textures: 0
Supported Target Build Platforms: All platforms but not for VR