Features demonstration / quick tutorial video: https://youtu.be/-Koi6tFwJ7M
Demo level with traffic preview: https://youtu.be/cL5JC1uSvog
This Blueprint allows you to use included, or your own meshes to quickly add road infrastructure to your project. It can be used to easily create flexible roads, bridges and train tracks.
Big Feature Update Is Here!
New Features Have Been Added:
- Seamless landscape integration
- Per spline point width scaling is supported
- Replace specific road sections
- Several road generation methods
- Add extra spline meshes to road
- Add extra static meshes to road
- Stack custom segments with different length together
- New mesh assets
- New textures
- Neat grass material
- New Traffic Spawner and Vehicle blueprints
- Customizable traffic properties(min/max speed, number of cars/lanes etc.)
- Vehicle can follow an array of roads
This update is backwards compatible. Please make a backup of your project before upgrading.
Tutorial link: https://github.com/manekinekodesu/SnappyRoadsBlueprintTool/wiki/Basic-Tutorial:-Creating-a-simple-road-network
Support thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1466079
- 100% Blueprint
- Even distribution of meshes along a spline
- Minimal uniform stretching of meshes to precisely fit spline length
- Adjustable scale of meshes along spline
- No warping
- Place as many additional props along path as you like(light posts, support columns, buildings etc.)
- Custom parameters for each additional object group
- Roughly align and then instantly snap roads to sockets with "Snap" checkbox
- Automatically add new roads to intersections at socket locations
- Paint & Deform landscape with splines
- Automatically align spline meshes to landscape
Number of Meshes/Materials/Textures/Blueprints:49/39/35/3
Extra Assets Provided: a number of basic low poly meshes of roads, intersections and props, with multiple UVs for texturing, AO and lightmapping, along with textures(road texture is 1024x1024px) and materials, suitable for mobile or VR purposes.
Size: about 106 MB.
- only one low poly vehicle mesh is included, vehicles do not detect collisions for now, a path must consist of unidirectional road splines