You can easily use TCP and UDP connections to send and receive data in blueprints with this plugin . This is a Server. You can buy a client here. Since this is a server, it is important to open the ports in your firewall and router. Use UDP for streams, gaming (your own replication). For everything else, like matchmaking, lobby, chat, is TCP suitable. I recommend my JSON plugin for data communication. Multiple servers on multiple different ports simultaneously are not possible. You don't need C++. I only tried Windows, Linux and Android. But the plugin should run on any platform where the engine is running. (I do not have an IOS device and cannot help.)
I recommend this tool for testing and developing.
Testproject 4.17, 4.18, 4.19
I have now a Mac and an iPhone 5 and I will test IOS myself. I recommend that IOS users wait with the purchase until all tests are finished.
- Send and receive Bytes or Text (UTF-8) over UDP
- Send and receiver Bytes or Text (UTF-8) over TCP
- Asynchronous Background Task (Don't affect game performance)
- Include C++ Source for C++ Projects
- Tested with a Java and C++ Server
- Support: email@example.com (ENG,GER)
Changelog (4.17, 4.18, 4.19)
- (04/06/2018) Version 1.3: Multithreading rewritten for better compatibility.
- (05/10/2018) Version 1.4: Added possibility to send and receive bytes.
Changelog (4.18, 4.19, 4.20)
- (08/27/2018) Version 1.5: Bugfix. Characters bigger than one byte (Chinese, Russian, etc.) are now sent correctly.
- (09/18/2018) Version 1.6: Fixed a bug that blocked connections with activated Steam and you can now specify whether the incoming data should be converted to String or not. Add "resolveDomain" Node.
- (09/24/2018) Version 1.7: The Steam changes have problems with non Windows platforms. Therefore there is now the node "Change Socket Platform".
- (09/26/2018) Version 1.8: Bugfix. Russian letters work now correctly.
- (10/05/2018) Version 1.9: Bugfix: UDP bytes were not sent without message. New UDP node "SendTo" added. You can now choose between server and client UDP socket.
Changelog (4.19, 4.20, 4.21)
- (11/16/2018) Version 1.11: TCP sending optimized. Platfrom selection added (Windows, IOS ...)