You can easily use TCP and UDP connections to send and receive data in blueprints with this plugin . This is a client. You can find my server plugin here. You don't need C++. I recommend my JSON plugin for data communication. I only tried Windows, Linux and Android. But this plugin should run on any platform where the engine is running. Successfully compiled by Epic for Win32, Win64, Mac, iOS, Android. (I do not have an IOS device and cannot help.)
I recommend this tool for testing and developing.
I have now a Mac and an iPhone 5 and I will test IOS myself. I recommend that IOS users wait with the purchase until all tests are finished.
- Send and receive Bytes or Text (UTF-8) over UDP
- Send and receiver Bytes or Text (UTF-8) over TCP
- Asynchronous Background Task (Don't affect game performance)
- Hex to Bytes and Bytes no Hex Nodes
- Include C++ Source for C++ Projects
- Tested with a Java and C++ Server
- Support: email@example.com (ENG,GER)
Changelog (4.18, 4.19, 4.20)
- (08/27/2018) Version 1.13: Bugfix. Characters bigger than one byte (Chinese, Russian, etc.) are now sent correctly.
- (09/18/2018) Version 1.14: Fixed a bug that blocked connections with activated Steam and you can now specify whether the incoming data should be converted to String or not. This can increase the speed.
- (09/24/2018) Version 1.16: The Steam changes have problems with non Windows platforms. Therefore there is now the node "Change Socket Platform".
- (09/26/2018) Version 1.17: Bugfix. Russian letters work now correctly.
Changelog (4.19, 4.20, 4.21)
- (15/11/2018) Version 1.19: UDP Threads optimized to send faster to different servers at the same time. Platfrom selection added (Windows, IOS ..)
- (27/11/2018) Version 1.21: Stability increased
- (17/12/2018) Version 1.22: Multihreading optimized. Hex/Bytes Nodes added.