You must sign in before using shopping cart.Sign In
Sends your game logs to a remote server using tcp (only for development).
This Code Plugin lets you send your game logs to a remote or local tcp server, making easier to watch your log messages from another window or computer.
It captures messages from:
- Blueprint PrintString node
- UE_LOG c++ macro
Watch the presentation video:
What you get:
- plugin and source code
- plugin exposes log messages to Blueprints using a component and an event node
- plugin creates a tcp client to send strings using Blueprints
- Blueprint, which uses the logs component and automatically sends messages to server
- future updates
Additionally but not officially supported:
- python script to setup a local tcp server (should work in most OS's)
- binary app (exe) for windows wich creates a tcp server and broadcast any incoming message to tcp and websocket clients (like html opened from almost any device including tablets and phones)
Plugin tested with Windows 10 for :
- Blueprint only projects
- code projects
- VR projects
- Android projects
- Multiplayer projects
- packaged projects "Development builds" only
It helps to debug most of the UE4 game projects.
Easy to use, a quick start is just to drag the Blueprint actor provided into your level, it catches the log messages so you don't have to modify anything else in you existing projects. It is designed to be simple and non intrusive so you don't get bugged by it when you don't want to use it.
Number of Blueprints: 1
Number of C++ Classes: 8
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Win10
Supported Target Build Platforms: Android, VR, Win10
Important/Additional Notes: You are only receiving the tcp client part, you should use your own tcp server.
To use with remote servers(same network segment, for example same wifi) keep in mind that your network should allow tcp communications and the server should have tcp ports open.
We unofficially include 2 types of tcp servers so you can use the plugin immediately, but are not
part of the UE4 engine or make use of it, use them as reference only, there will be no support for these programs.
One is a python script tcp server which listens locally for any tcp client. The second one is a windows exe app which creates a tcp server and a web socket server, so you can send your log messages and then watch them using any web socket client like html from any device.