PopcornFX Realtime Particle FX Solution integration in UE4. Allows you to import and play PopcornFX Effects in Unreal Engine.
This plugin integrates the PopcornFX Runtime SDK into Unreal Engine 4, so you can import and play with any PopcornFX Effect created with the PopcornFX Editor.
PopcornFX in a nutshell:
- Cross-engine compatible: UE4, Unity, iClone, in-house-engines, ...
- Highly flexible particle system: make particles do anything you want
- Highly optimized: multithreaded, architecture-aware optimizations, scripting optimized for particles, etc...
- and more: wiki.popcornfx.com
Performance Inside Unreal Engine 4
This plugin is fully integrated in UE4:
- Blueprint/C++ integration
- Auto-reimport and hot-reload fast workflow
- UE assets sampling for particles (static meshes, skinned meshes, textures, curves, vector fields, sounds, ..)
- Render PopcornFX particles as billboards/meshes/ribbons/lights with your own materials
- Advanced effect parameters (Attributes and Attribute Samplers)
- and more: Feature List
Build a better game using specific PopcornFX features :
- Sample Meshes, Textures, Curves, Text, Vector fields and more to drive your behaviors
- Spawn particles on animated meshes
- Have particles trigger blueprint events
- Project particles on geometry
- Store and query any information in the 3D space thanks to Spatial Layers
- Let particles inject impulses to push your rigid bodies thanks to Two-Way collisions
- Script your own particle behaviors
The plugin is distributed through github, and comes with a ContentExamples-style UE4 project "UE4 PopcornFX Examples".
UE4 Engine compatibility: From 4.8 to 4.19 (up-to-date list here)
For each new UE4 Minor version, it usually takes a week or two for us to release a compatible plugin.
Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, PS4, Android, iOS, Switch, .. (up-to-date list here)