★ NEW: Pawn Handling & Progress Bar functionality added!
Do you need LOADING SCREENS in your projects? That's exactly what this blueprint system does. The LOADING SCREEN SYSTEM (LSS) is a Framework intended to add dynamic Loading Screens to your Games - both, during Level Transitions as well as on Start up. It's incredibly easy to include in your Projects and the Visuals of your Loading Screens are entirely yours to design as you see fit.
Designed with convenience in mind: Drop one Actor into your world and set everything up in its details. Call level transitions from anywhere with a single node. The system will handle the transition and smoothly fade into the interactive loading screen and then into your level.
- 15 "Content Examples"-style tutorial levels included
- Playable INTERACTIVE loading screens (think Assassin's Creed)
- MINI GAMES during loading ("Pong" and "Invaders" examples included)
- VIDEO Playback during loading
- Loading screens during LEVEL TRANSITIONS and on STARTUP
- Use different loading screens in a single project
- Fully customizable UMG overlays (Random Game Hints example included)
- Support for "Press To Continue" option
- Advanced features: Event Handling, Latent Actions (see doc)
- Now with Progress Bars!
- Number of Blueprints: 11+ (2 Actors, 5 Components, 2 Function Libraries, 2 Interfaces) + DemoContent
- Number of included levels: 15 tutorial scenes (47 including sublevels)
- Network Replicated / Multiplayer: No (WIP)
- Platforms Tested: PC (should work on all platforms)
Documentation: includes 15 tutorial levels with the following setup and usability examples:
- Minimal Setup, Drag&Drop Example
- Blueprint Only Setup, everything spawned and set up in BP
- Reference Handling, access the actor reference
- Switching between Multiple Loading Screens
- Level Persistence, keep level in memory after transition
- Advanced Event Handling, access to all dispatchers
- Progress Bars
- Main Menu & Pause Menu Example
- User Interface handling
- Advanced Loading Order
- Transition via OpenLevel
- Mini Game in Loading Screen example: Pong
- Mini Game example: “SpaceShooter”
- Video Playback
- Pawn Handling
- The system is intended as a framework to be utilized with your own artwork - included scenes and UIs are considered templates / examples
- Extensive Blueprint Function Library included
- Tested with Blueprint Nativization
- Compatible with Unreal 4.18 & 4.19
- Uses Level Streaming (requires use/addition of a root level, please see documentation)
- New Progress Bar functionality, if enabled, requires installation of a free code plugin (see doc)
★ Contact & Support: For questions please use the Support Thread, email me or leave a comment below. Feedback & Requests always welcome!