Luos’s VFX Material Function Pack 1 is a fully optimized and performance ready pack containing an interesting assortment of functions for all your VFX needs!
This material function pack contains 42 material functions focused on the creation of special effects for your characters, meshes, and particles, as well as functions that can improve your workflow!
Most functions have been tried and tested in production and are focused on usability and creative expression. Each of their in and outputs are commented and so are the example materials in case people who want to take apart the material functions and examples can easily understand what is going on under the hood.
I have been using and maintaining these functions for many years now, optimizing where I can and exposing variables that allow me to really express myself and I thought it was about time to share these functions with everyone in the hope it helps them express themselves and learn a thing or two along the way.
But just in case I’ll also supply some videos for the material functions going deeper into them in case you need some more information about them.
Note: Both packages share a few (basic) material functions:
4 Selector material functions
1 Near Camera Fade Mat Function
42 Material Functions mainly focussed on creating VFX.
- Each in and output commented for ease of use.
- Clean node setup to easily understand what's going on under the hood.
38 Mat Function Example materials.
- Each with at least one example.
- commented with information, youtube links, and documentation where possible.
12 slightly more advanced mat function examples.
- Just to show some additional use cases.
- Just to preview certain material functions.
- Comments in the example materials will tell you what mesh to use as a preview.
- To showcase how these material functions work.
1 Showcase map.
- Showcasing the result of each material function.
- Some functions only work “under the hood”, this is clearly mentioned in the map.
- Free bonus material function thanks to Jan Kaluza!
Every function has a link to a youtube video showcasing its usage!
- Additional materials commented with links to documentation, tutorials, and information.