Questions, feature requests and bug reports: Discord.
New! Blueprint node to improve logging functionality of your scripts! Log into predefined categories and with selected verbosity levels.
This tool is based on experience I gained working for big game development studios, and shipping successful AAA titles.
Proper logging culture is a massive boost to your project and huge time saver.
This tool is my contribution to make debugging easier for everyone. It will streamline your bug fixing process and will make it less painful.
- You can go through your saved logs and decrease the scope of research by using always available one-click category filter panel.
- Color-coding support will make it easier for you to navigate through multiple log categories.
- Make preferred configuration default, and preserve it between engine restarts.
- Open previously saved log files and keep them on different tabs. You can even compare two different logs by placing tabs near each other.
- UX matters a lot for me, so everything is accessible in one click.
Plugin is located under Window->Log->LogViewer
No more notepad, regexps or file editing.
or contact me via
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/labadin/ (preferable)
or email: email@example.com
Update 05/01/2024 (v569 pending for 5.3):
- New runtime module introduced with BP functions to log in Blueprints with categories and verbosity levels.
Update 02/10/2023 (v239 available for 5.3):
Update 21/08/2023 (Update v1.112 available for 5.2):
- Fix for multiline parsing
- Plugin added to editor toolbar to provide faster access with mouse
- Fastest way to open Log Viewer is to use hotkey - Ctrl + Shift + L
Update 17/08/2023 (Update v1.105 available for 5.2): Major Update!
- Color-coding similar to Log Viewer Pro added!
- You can disable color-coding in Settings menu, if you need legacy view
- Color-coding configuration can be applied across tabs, if you make your categories default
- Default configuration is persistent across engine launches
- Settings Menu introduced, with the ability to save your settings across sessions
- Clean Up Logs on PIE logic added
- Activate to clean up your engine output each time you start new PIE session
- Listen Engine logic cleaned up
- Join official Discord button added to Settings menu
Update 21/05/2022 (available for 5.0):
- Migration to UE5, minor style changes to accommodate new design
Update 2/12/2021 (available for 4.27):
- Default Categories shortcut - in one click you can remember and keep your favorite categories even if you restart the engine. Default categories will be applied to new tabs and opened documents. Helps if you focused on one area of your game for multiple days. Feature is so useful I just moved if from Pro version to Free version. Enjoy!