Need some trees to be chopped down? Use this very easy to use and customizable Choppable & Interactive Trees based on destructible mesh (Replicated).
You probably need a very easy to use auto-landscape material for your environment. Check out this super advanced, but still drag and drop photorealistic auto landscape material for a very sharp price!
Also Mineable Rocks are a must!
To configure a tree: Create a child blueprint of the BP_TreeCutting_Master.
Here you are able to configure:
· Duration before logs are spawning
· Life: How many hits does the tree require to be chopped down?
· Delete after time fallen: How many seconds does the actor (All parts, e.g. trunk, scene components and any other actor information) needs to be alive after the tee is cut? Note: The fallen logs will remain because they are spawned as separate actors.
· Destroy actor after inactivity: How many seconds does the tree needs to be alive after the tree is touched? This is necessary due to performance and cleanup purposes.
· Log to spawn: Define your own log with own variables.
· Falling tree sound: Which sound to use when the tree is falling
· The meshes for the trees. Top, middle (Destructible mesh) Trunk and the Original tree.
After the tree is chopped, a log is spawned. This log is a blueprint so you are able to configure it for your inventory system.
Number of Blueprints: 9 (2 master, 4 tree examples, 3 log examples)
Supported Development Platforms:
Not tested with other platforms. It is assumed that it works fine on all platforms.
Documentation: Example maps with explanation
Engine version: Only tested on 2.26. It is assumed that it works fine on most recent versions.
Dependency: Apex Destruction Plugin must be enabled.