A dynamic split screen system that elegantly merges when players are close together.
• Due to using an overlay, there is a visual delay of a few milliseconds, which would make this system less useful for twitchy games.
• The rendering is not optimized, so this system will increase the hardware requirements of your game.
• The system is made to work on flat ground only, but could be modified to take elevation changes into account.
* To test, make a "Top Down" project (so the inputs are set up for you), then open the example map. (For 4.20+, you must replace SimpleMoveToLocation in TopDownController with the non-deprecated SimpleMoveToLocation. And for 4.22 move player 1 to not start on top of a pillar, if that's a problem for you.)
• one blueprint library
• a capture widget
• a material and material function
• two render targets
• a full example level
• two-player split screen system that merges when players are close together
• tune every aspect of the system to suit your game (line thickness, line thickness damping, merged deadzone size, snapping, etc.)
Engine Compatibility: 4.13+
Intended Platform: Desktop
Documentation Included: See the video preview for documentation.