This is an easy-to-use UMG MiniMap.
This is an easy to use UMG Mini Map with all the features you expect a minimap to have!
Here is a detailed tutorial series which shows how to use the minimap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVT_4drs3R8&list=PLyPt45wcaLjhwedsaNC7wTIeeiEs3Ys
- The minimap is orienting to a location and rotation you specify, for example the player, so it's converting the world location to the location on the map.
- If you use a landscape, the minimap automatically knows about all the dimentions and sets itself up to work correctly. If you do not use a landscape, you have to manually specify the "bottom left" and "top right" of the area which should be visible on the map.
- You can smoothly zoom in and out the minimap with scrolling the mouse wheel while the mouse is over the minimap.
- You can draw either colored points, textures or materials as points on the minimap, you just need to specify the world location, it's one single node.
- The minimap can draw arrows (color, material or texture) for points which are currently not visible on the minimap. The points then appear at the border of the minimap and point in the direction where the currently hidden point is.
- If you click on the minimap, it can convert the click location to world location. It calls one function which gives you the world location and if you have specified a trace channel, the minimap automatically traces down against it, otherwise you will get a location with Z=0.
- You can either use the shape of a rectangle or a circle for the minimap. For the frame you can use any fitting texture you have, the minimap comes with 2 example frames, one rectangle and one circle.
- For the background of the minimap you can either let the minimap capture your level automatically or you can use your own texture. If you use your own texture, you can even change it any time during the game, so for example you could display multiple floors.
- If you want, you can lock the location, rotation and zoom of the minimap so that always the full map is visible.
- The Minimap should work on mobile too, but there you can only use your own texture as a background.