This plugin facilitates the creation of TCP socket connection's as client using pure Blueprints.
Tutorial as fast as posible: youtube.com/watch?v=rOQSwnmOh34
This plugin facilitates the connection to TCP server's by providing easy to use Blueprint nodes.
Use this plugin for prototyping and as a reference to implement your own custom TCP system.
The plugin it's intended to provide functionality to connect with external servers, helping you to extend UE4 by using open source projects or commercial products.
Take note that this plugin only exposes functionality to create the client part and not for creating server. Although we include some python server scripts and a TCP /WEBSOCKET utility server only as a reference.
• BluNet (Runtime)
• quickly create a TCP client and implement your custom data reading logic
• connect /disconnect
• events: onConnect/onDisconnect/onConnectionFail
• receive and send: int32,float,string
• define your custom IP (v4) and port directly inside blueprint's
• create more than one TCP connections
• no need to write c++ code, you can create a full client using only blueprint's
• full plugin source code is included
Example Project: motion.mx/ue4/tcpexample/TCPexample.zip
Updates are released only for the latest two versions of Unreal Engine, past versions will not be updated.
UE4 plugin with sources c++
Creates socket TCP connections and listens to states.
Implements functionality to operate as client only (not as a server).
Tested with windows 10.
Added easy to use "bp_EasyStringTCP" to the blueprint, just drag to your viewport and use its method "SendStringToServer" to send strings and the "onTcpStringReceived" event to listen for incoming strings.
Quick tutorial: multiplayer chat using tcp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAOY7kSi9PU
the plugin only gives you the tcp client part, you should create your own tcp server