This plugin facilitates the creation of TCP socket connection's as client using pure Blueprints.
Tutorial as fast as posible: youtube.com/watch?v=rOQSwnmOh34
This plugin facilitates the connection to TCP server's by providing easy to use Blueprint nodes.
Use this plugin for prototyping and as a reference to implement your own custom TCP system.
The plugin it's intended to provide functionality to connect with external servers, helping you to extend UE4 by using open source projects or commercial products.
Note this plugin only exposes functionality to create the client part and not for creating a server.
For testing purposes i created python scripts and a TCP /WEBSOCKET utility server (windows exe), keep in mind these scripts and application are not part of the plugin and are provided "as is" to help users have a quickstart and testing enviroment.
• BluNet (Runtime)
• quickly create a TCP client and implement your custom data reading logic
• connect /disconnect methods
• events: onConnect/onDisconnect/onConnectionFail
• receive and send: int32,float,string
• define your custom IP (v4) and port directly from blueprint's
• create multiple TCP connections
• no need to write c++ code, you can create a full client using only blueprint's
• full plugin source code c++ is included
Example Project: motion.mx/ue4/tcpexample/TCPexample.zip
Updates are released only for the latest two versions of Unreal Engine, past versions will not be updated.
Tested with windows 10.
Added easy to use "bp_EasyStringTCP" to the blueprint, just drag it to your viewport and use its method "SendStringToServer" to send strings and the "onTcpStringReceived" event to listen for incoming strings.
Quick tutorial: multiplayer chat using tcp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAOY7kSi9PU