This plugin is based on the SDL Framework and allows the use of much more controllers under UE4. It supports DirectInput and XInput Controllers. It runs independently of the UE4 controller settings. Controller inputs are fired via new Events. You can use these Events in almost all Blueprints. Not only in the Player Controller Blueprint. They work independently of the Focus. Rumble is supported. Force Feedback since Version 1.5.
I don't like special sales. My prices are low all year round.
Nativization may cause problems and should be disabled in BPs that use this plugin.
You can try the plugin before you buy it. (Win64 EXE, ~100MB) Demo Download. Force Feedback Vehicle (Wheel) Demo Download
UE4 Test App as Project (Plugin needed) 4.19, 4.21, 4.22. 4.24 , 4.26 and higher (with Force Feedback)
Vehicle Demo as Project (Plugin needed) 4.24 and higher
Local Multiplayer Project (Plugin needed) 4.21 and Video
Video of a customer demonstrating the mapping of a steering wheel.
Changelog (4.22 4.23, 4.24)
- (03/17/2020) Version 1.5: First Force Feedback implementation.
Changelog (4.24, 4.25, 4.26)
- (07/06/2020) Version 1.6: New functions that help to easily associate gamepad buttons, axes and are more similar to UE4 events. Battery status, controller type, support for more than 4 XInput gamepads, force feedback stuff.
- (09/11/2020) Demo Update 1.4: Added an example in Blueprints that shows how to center an Force Feedback steering wheel. Added a demo widget that shows the button mapping that behaves more like you know it from games.
- (01/27/2021) Version 1.8: Bug fix: Joystick button events were fired twice when gamepad API was enabled. Fixed a crash that could occur under certain circumstances.
- (08/03/2021) Version 1.9: SDL updated to 2.0.12 (delete SDL2.dll in binary dir). New FF steering wheel functions: Autocenter, enableConstantForce. New demo for FF steering wheels. New FF function: updateConstantForceFeedbackEffect
Changelog (4.25, 4.26, 4.27)
- (03/30/2022) Version 2.0: Add Linux and Mac compatibility.
Changelog (4.26, 4.27, 5.0)
- (05/21/2022) Version 2.1: SDL update to version 2.0.23 (Windows only). Minor bug fixes.
- (07/27/2022) Version 2.2: Demo update to 1.6. Add "Debug to Log" checkbox to the Autocenter function.
- (10/05/2022) Version 2.3: New functions "addMousePosition" and "setMousePosition" added. With these you can move the cursor.
- (10/19/2022) Version 2.4: Rumble improved: Successfully tested with Dualsense (PS5). Dualshock 4 (PS4) should also work. Dualsense functions added: LED control, acceleration and gyro sensors, tochpad and trigger feedback. Added additional settings when initializing the plugin.