Component for rendering procedurally generated meshes!
The RuntimeMeshComponent or more commonly known as RMC, is a replacement to the ProceduralMeshComponent (aka PMC) found in UE4. The RMC is much more efficient, and carries many more features, while allowing for a much more fine-grained approach for advanced use cases, while being simple to use just like the PMC. It can handle any use case from simply loading models at runtime, to debug views, to modification of existing models all the way up to procedural generation of entire worlds!
The RMC has been around for 4+ years and has an active community of users from individuals, to schools, to Fortune 500 companies, with many released projects. You can also find active support in our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/KGvBBTv
* Full Collision Support, both static triangle mesh and dynamic moving objects
* Variable mesh formats, allowing for tradeoff in needed features and memory/performance overhead
* Up to 8 Texture Coordinate (UV) channels
* Normal or High preicision Texture Coordinate (UV) channels
* Normal or High preicision texture coordinates, supports engine feature for high precision normals
* LOD Support, alowing engine maximum of 8 LOD levels and full dithering support
* Full NavMesh support
* Tessellation support, including generation
* Full threading support, both internally managing threads and allowing for your external threading safely around the garbage collector.
* Async collision updates. As collision can be slow to update, the RMC can offload it from the game thread.
* Separate collision from rendering
* StaticMesh conversion in game and editor.
* Tangent generation utility
* Mesh Slicer
Improvements over PMC:
* 50-90% Lower memory useage than PMC
* 30-100% lower render thread cpu time
* Static draw path for maximum rendering performance
* Dynamic Draw path for efficient frequent updates.
Number of C++ Classes: 62
Supported Development Platforms: Win64, Mac, Linux
Supported Target Build Platforms: All engine supported platforms
Example Project: https://github.com/TriAxis-Games/RuntimeMeshComponent-Examples