168 high quality Real-World Heightmaps from USA and UK
TRAILER (landscape materials from this trailer are not included in this pack)
This pack contains 168 real world heightmaps which will help you digitally recreate breathtaking landscapes from USA and UK. All heightmaps have a resolution of 4033 x 4033 (recommended by Unreal) and each landscape from the USA section will have 100 square Km and each landscape from the UK section will have 25 square Km. To recreate these landscapes, I used Digital Elevation Models with 1 m precision so they are as accurate as possible with nowadays technology. Actually, the landscapes are so accurate that you will be able to clearly see not only the roads or rivers, but also the manmade footpaths, different erosion types depending of the sun position or even the animal trails from the wildness. Using this, you will be able to recreate in less than a minute, landscapes from Yosemite National Park, White Mountain National Forest, Mount Baker National Forest, Mount Saint Helens, Bridger National Forest, Black Hills National Forest, Arkansas, Dakota, Texas, Washington, Virginia, Peak District National Park, Northumberland National Park and many other areas. All the little details that are so hard to recreate are already there. This pack is for everyone who wants to create a natural and realistic game/scene/trailer/movie etc.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install the FREE plugin: Export PNG
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename USA102_XY_248_Z_166 , the X and Y scale is 248 and Z scale is 166. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
This pack contains 7 Demo Maps.
If you prefer procedurally generated heightmaps instead of real world heightmaps, check my other packs HERE
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances:0
Number of Textures:168
Texture Resolutions: (Please list all various texture resolutions): 4033 x 4033
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: I don't have a Mac to test it
Documentation: Please check the Step by step instructions from the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).
Tips and Tricks
You will see that all of the USA heightmaps have the same X and Y scale which is 248 and all the UK heightmaps have the same X and Y scale which is 124..so you will only have to pay attention to the Z scale because it is different for every heightmap.