Outliner is a highly customizable and easy-to-use post process material to outline and fill objects.
Outliner has 7 presets (CustomDepth Stencils) in material instance. For each preset you can change the way it outlines and fills objects. Each preset can be used in different situations (i.e. highlight hostile objects with red outline using preset 1 and friendly objects using preset 2). Each preset have separate options for outline and fill.
• Enable outline or fill (or enable both)
• Change visibility option
• Outline or fill is always visible, even if the object is not (i.e. you can see the effect through walls and other objects)
• Outline or fill affect only the part, that is behind other object
• Outline or fill affect only the part, that is visible
• Change opacity
• Change brightness
• Change color
• Change outline thickness
Since there are separate options for outline and fill, Outliner can, for example, outline the part of object which is visible in red, and fill the part of object which is hidden in green.
Number of Materials: 2
Do Materials derive from a Master Material with instances as variation: Yes
Number of Textures: 0
Intended Platform: Windows, Mac, Consoles
Platforms Tested: Windows
Documentation Included: Yes, we also have a Demo level
1) Due to renderer features, Outliner does NOT support Forward Shading with MSAA Anti-Aliasing method;
2) Due to renderer features, true black color (000000) of the outline is not supported, but you can achieve very similar black color with 000001, 000100, 010000, 010101 sRGB hexes.