Galaxy particle system completely created in Niagara
Completely created within the Niagara ecosystem. This project contains 2 Niagara Systems which control the galaxy vortex effect and clouds vortex effect. Each system is commented to tell what each module does. If you are already familiar with Niagara, this should not be a problem.
This real time VFX can be used for a multitude of projects, space exploration games would benefit from it as well as high end visual effects and VP.
Hope you enjoy!
• 2 Niagara Blueprint Systems, one for the Galaxy particles and the other for the Clouds. Both have user exposed parameters to control different parts of the system (point light intensity, radius, clouds drag, stars drag).
• 10 Example Niagara Systems to show different looks that can be achieved.
• Black Hole at the centre of the galaxy.
• Sky sphere around the scene, includes a star map texture.
• Runs at 120+fps on an RTX 2080 Ti, I expect it to run at 30 or less on a GTX 1060.
Type of Emitters: CPU and GPU Emitters
Number of Unique Effects: 22 Niagara Systems
Number of Materials: 6 Master Materials, 15 Material Instances
Number of Unique Meshes: 10 Static Meshes
Number of Textures: 15 Textures [512x512, 1024x1024, 4096x2048]
Supported Development Platforms:
Important/Additional Notes: The Blueprint system is driven by 2 Blueprints, BP_Galaxy controls all the Galaxy particles and BP_Clouds controls the cloud disc along the galaxy vortex. Both assets need to be placed inside the scene at the same location.
Each has a Static Mesh parameter which needs to have the same Asset to work properly (SM_Galaxy_xxx).
I have provided 12 different textures of Galaxies. If you need to change the colour of the Galaxy you only need to replace the Material Instance inside of the BP_Galaxy Blueprint. You can also use your own textures on a duplicate material instance.