The Modular medieval NPC comes with a load of assets to equip a medieval character as you like.
*** UE5 Update May 2022 ***
Components are converted to the new UE5 Mannequin rig structure.
Keep in mind the female Metahuman tal nrw is slightly smaller as Quinn , but they use the same bone structure.
Ue4 Mannequin meshes are still included for existing costumers.
Added Metahuman tal nrw support:
Body/Head need to be migrated from the metahuman creator and via Quixel Bridge.
Dont forget to assign the Control Rig to the SK Files (Epic does not allow to publish data directly from metahuman creator)
The Modular Medieval NPC comes with a load of assets to equip your medieval characters as you like.
Multiple hats, hairs, heads, chests, arms and legs are ready to be assembled to your own unique composition. Be it beggar, a rich townsman or a regular citizen – it’s your choice how to fill the world with NPC’s or maybe even use the provided items as Player Character gear.
Port on Metahuman will happen in Beta - after skeleton and workflows have been established.
Each equipment uses a master material and a mask texture, which allow you to tweak its visual appearance in detail. For compatibility to other asset packs (like weapon animation sets), the delivered skeletal meshes are skinned to the UE4 skeleton and main- and off-hand pivots are aligned to its hand grip. Main- and off-hand slots are also prepared in the Blueprints to receive your data.
To help you to get started with your new assets, the pack contains - beside the main Customizable Character Blueprint – NPC, Player Character and Character Editor Blueprints examples which implements all of the assets and their customization.
- 3 Blueprints (1 base class, 2 child classes)
- 10 NPC example Blueprints
- 3 Blueprints
- 9 UMG widgets
- 17 Additionals (textures, materials, mesh and structure)
- 13 Blueprints (11 Data Asset base classes, 1 BP Function Library and 1 BP Macro Library)
- 129 PBR textures: albedo, normal, ORM (ambient [O]cclusion, [R]oughness and [M]etallic) and tint masks
- 94 materials (including 2 Master Materials for items and hairs, plus 92 material for actual meshes and tint samples)
- 44 meshes with 1 LOD
- 44 Data Assets
- 44 Thumbnail textures for Character Editor
- 13 Additionals (Data Tables, Enums, Structures and a Render Target for the thumbnails)
- 1 Overview
- 1 Thumbnails Capture Scene
- UE4 Mannequin with slightly modified UE4 skeleton (added sockets)
- 3 simple scenery assets
Scaled to Epic skeleton: Yes
Rigged to Epic skeleton: Yes
Animated: Yes (Epic's default animations)
Number of characters: Arbitrary amount of variations per customization. 3 core types (villager, spiritual, citizen)
Vertex counts of characters: 13-20k
Texture Resolutions: 2048x2048 (PBR textures)
Supported Development Platforms:
- Intended: Windows, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS
- Tested: PC
Documentation: PDF and comments in Blueprint graphs, functions and variables