Editor plugin for precise and automated retargeting of skeletons, skeletal meshes and animations created with and exported from Mixamo tools (Auto-Rigger, 3D Characters, 3D Animations).
Note: This product is not made by, or affiliated with, Mixamo or Adobe Systems in any way.
Mixamo Animation Retargeting is an editor plugin that helps integrating Mixamo assets (exported from Auto-Rigger, 3D Characters, 3D Animations) into Unreal Engine 4.
In addition to the base setups required by the Retarget Manager, the plugin implements some advanced functionalities to obtain a perfect retargeting and optimal integration into Unreal Engine 4:
To run the tool:
The tool also supports batch processing.
• Editor plugin.
• No third party code.
• Automatic setup of Translation Retargeting options.
• Automatic setup of Rig mapping.
• Analytical computation of the exact Retarget Base Pose. Some bones preserve the original component space orientation due differences between Mixamo and Epic reference poses: "Head", "LeftToeBase", "RightToeBase".
• Addition of the Root bone to enable Root Motion animations.
• End results can be hand-tuned if needed (see youtu.be/soEEw4oS7no).
• Animation Retargeting is done with the standard editor pipeline (Retarget Anim Assets > Duplicate Anim Assets and Retarget).
• Conversion of Mixamo animations to UE4 root motion animations (both “normal” animation and “in-place” animation are needed for the computation - see youtu.be/IwlwjLQBqmM).
Intended Platforms: Windows, Mac
Platforms Tested: Windows, Mac