The Medieval Combat Starter Kit allows you to quickly set up your own melee-combat based project! Thanks to its modularity and host of melee combat focused features, you can easily shape this kit into anything you want your project to be!
Preview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W96-a4QC1ow
Support Thread :
The Medieval Combat Starter Kit is a flexible project that allows you to set up basic gameplay for a melee combat based game - be it single or multi player.
THIS ASSET IS C++ BASED, IT IS NOT A BLUEPRINT.
Most of the "core " parameters and functionality are exposed to Blueprints.
Basic C++ Knowledge is expected if you wish to modify the functionality of the asset.
- Extremely accurate hit detection system - based on traces that check for hits against the mesh itself, rather than the collision capsule
- Replication support for Multiplayer projects
- Incredible modularity and customization
- Two complete animation sets - Ideal for prototyping
- Fully Featured Sounds and Particle FX for both weapon types ( swinging, hitting different kinds of objects as well as impact effects )
- Two example weapons - a longsword & a shortsword with a shield, with unique meshes and PBR materials
- Stamina Management - Cannot swing or block if out of Stamina
- Multiple attack types - Standard ( Left, Right, Reversals ) and Heavy Swings
- Blocking, Parry and Block-Breaks
- Physical Weapons - Weapons ricochet upon hitting world geometry, other swords or a shield, and blocking checks against the weapon mesh itself
Input Mappings: Keyboard & Mouse support
Network Replicated: Yes
Intended Platforms: PC
Platforms Tested: PC
Documentation Included: No external documentation, code thoroughly commented