This Humpback Whale comes with a procedural animation system that swims along your spline and opens its mouth when nearing the player!
Download Demo: http://bit.ly/HumpbackWhaleDemo
This Humpback Whale comes with a procedural spline animation system that produces dynamic acceleration, turning and rolling along splines. The Whale’s mouth optionally opens when it nears the player, or animates on its own. The Whale also optionally makes 'whale songs', projecting sound from its mouth.
The package includes 2 swimming animations & 3 Poses, combined in a Blendspace that animates the Whale’s movement.
It comes with 4 LODs, two texture types, Dry & Wet Materials, and a range of adjustable blueprint settings allowing maximum customization.
The Material parent has been planned in advance to allow maximum tweaking so you can adjust your material instances with complete control.
Additionally, a demo scene has been included with Underwater PostProcess Settings, Caustic Lighting, Fog, & Depth of Field, along with many Whales with their paths set up, demonstrating what can be accomplished with the Spline Blueprint.
- Pose Left
- Pose Right
- Pose Mouth Open
Spline Animation Blueprint controls:
- Starting Distance along spline
- Toggle dynamic speed or maintain a constant speed.
- Toggle whether mouth opens near player
- Mesh Scale
- Show Spline
- Animation Playrates for slow and fast
- Animation Acceleration & Deceleration
- Distance for mouth to start opening
- Timing for how long to swim slow and fast
- Randomness multiplier of timing
- Movement speed acceleration & deceleration
- Movement speeds for slow and fast
- Intensity of rolling around corners
- Non-Dynamic speed, playrate & intensity
- Roll, rotation & movement smoothing values
- 1 Skeletal mesh
- A realistic Physics Asset for ragdoll effects (includes throat bone for flubber movement)
- A BlendSpace combined with 4 animations
- 2 Texture types (Adult and Baby)
- 1 Parent Material and 4 Material Instances (2 wet & 2 dry)
Scaled to Epic skeleton: Yes
Rigged to Epic skeleton: No
Number of characters: 1
Number of Animations: 5
Animation types: In-place
Vertex counts of characters:
Supported Platforms: Desktop PC / Mac / Xbox 1/ PS4 / HTC Vive / Oculus Rift
Documentation Included: Yes, in Blueprints