UE5 PROJECT VERSION: Due to issues with physic constraints in UE5.0 we have to wait for UE5.1 to release the project since constraints will be fixed in the next engine version. More info here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-148444
This template features:
- A driveable physic constraints based lawn mower made with static meshes (not rigged). Easy to adjust and with the possibility to change parts to create other lawn mowers
- Driver animation Blueprint. You can adjust the animation using one single animation pose and Ik or fabric transforms. This allows to dynamically move the driver
- A Lawn field Blueprint, actor type, that can be used to create fields of different size using as many different grass static meshes you want. Grass has no collision and it's made using hierarchically instanced static meshes. Can be placed on landscape or on static meshes (doesn't work with BSP)
- Grass cutting is made using a system that reduces the overall cpu usage to minimum as possible and that does not rely on grass collision or on ticks, overlaps, etc. It's just an event called that requires a location to work.
- The already cut grass is also represented on the hud by a map that uses a render target to track the location where the grass was cut.
- A static Lawn mower Blueprint with adjustable lights and colors (not every color can be obtained because the base color is orange red) The full Mower static Mesh has 80k triangles with 3 lods up to 10k triangles at lod 2 and has just 4 materials