WARNING: DEPRECATED UE4 only - Need some trees to be chopped down? Use this very easy to use and customizable Choppable & Interactive Trees based on destructible mesh (Replicated).
Important note: This product is deprecated. By Epic's choice CHAOS destruction is the way to go in the newest engine versions. I've created a new advanced product for CHAOS users. It is a complete new product. However I've talked to Epic and existing customers are able to request this product to be added to your account if you provide Epic with an email address.
This product will not be updated to UE5. On request of multiple clients it is still online for APEX users that don't intend to upgrade their current project to UE5.
To configure a tree: Create a child blueprint of the BP_TreeCutting_Master.
Here you are able to configure:
· Duration before logs are spawning
· Life: How many hits does the tree require to be chopped down?
· Delete after time fallen: How many seconds does the actor (All parts, e.g. trunk, scene components and any other actor information) needs to be alive after the tee is cut? Note: The fallen logs will remain because they are spawned as separate actors.
· Destroy actor after inactivity: How many seconds does the tree needs to be alive after the tree is touched? This is necessary due to performance and cleanup purposes.
· Log to spawn: Define your own log with own variables.
· Falling tree sound: Which sound to use when the tree is falling
· The meshes for the trees. Top, middle (Destructible mesh) Trunk and the Original tree.
After the tree is chopped, a log is spawned. This log is a blueprint so you are able to configure it for your inventory system.
Number of Blueprints: 9 (2 master, 4 tree examples, 3 log examples)
Supported Development Platforms:
Not tested with other platforms. It is assumed that it works fine on all platforms.
Documentation: Example maps with explanation
Engine version: Only tested on 2.26. It is assumed that it works fine on most recent versions.
Dependency: Apex Destruction Plugin must be enabled.