CGOL is Conway's Game of Life
written in an Unreal Engine 4 material.
Notable features include:
* Well organized and commented assets
* No C++, just Blueprint
* No custom nodes, meaning it will port to anything that supports rendering to texture
* An easy to use slot for plugging in custom materials that display the game state however you like
* Robust seed support, meaning you can drop in any texture you want to start the game and it will automatically be interpreted as 1 bit monochrome on a playfield of the texture's size
* Tiny download
* Works on Desktop, HTML5, and Mobile
What you use it for is up to you. Perhaps you have an idea for how to incorporate its unique aesthetic, or plan to treat the game state as a bitmap seeding a procedurally generated world. Please let us know if you come up with anything interesting!