Watch the presentation VIDEO and take a look at the DOCUMENTATION
Tired of manually building dungeons from modular pieces? Want to speed up this process, but keep a high control over the dungeon generation ? Then Dungeon Generator is made for you !
It will generate an entire dungeon for you by :
- Creating rooms with random shapes
- Populating rooms with items (Chests, torches, Bookshelves,...)
- Placing rooms in space, following the pattern you want (grid or BSP)
- Linking rooms to each other with paths.
- You can set up many options to generate the items you want inside the rooms
- You can manually place/delete/add rooms, even after the generation
- You can place custom room that you have entirely modeled in 3D (floor and doors will be automatically detected)
- A travelling system is provided, offering you the possibility to transition from one level to another when the player go through "level doors"
- A begin room and an end room are automatically placed inside the dungeon. These rooms have level doors which allow the player to go to another level
- You can procedurally build the dungeon at runtime
- Example levels with top down controller and FPS controller are included
- A material to see the player through walls is included
- An example with a Cave-style dungeon is provided, showing you how to customize the basic functionalities to create more advanced item placement pattern
Current Version : 2.0
- Procedural room generation (shape and items) with lots of parameters to control the result.
- Procedural placement of rooms (grid or BSP).
- Manual room editing (add/remove/regenerate/build paths/move...).
- You can customize the items placement by inherit from few Blueprints.
- Several meshes are provided so that you can test everything.
- A top down and an FPS controller are provided, along with multiple test levels.
- A TravelManager helps you to manage level transitions.
Number of Blueprints: 16 for core functionalities + 64 for all variations of room items
Input: The same as the ones in FPS and top down UE4 templates.
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: PC
Supported Target Build Platforms: It is an editor tool, so it should work with every platforms capable of displaying a lot of actors.