You must sign in before using shopping cart.Sign In
Blueprint only sample project building on Epic's Blackjack sample to play Cribbage vs a basic AI.
This is a Blueprint only project intended to give new users an idea how to create more complex systems within Unreal Engine 4. I’m by no means an expert and have only a small amount of experience using scripting languages. However, Blueprints are such a robust and easily understandable way of building functionality that I’ve been able to learn to do some fairly complex stuff. This project is intended to help others in similar situations do the same.
The cards and logic used to create the deck are taken from the Blackjack sample project provided by Epic. I’ve extended this functionality to work with the Cribbage rule-set.
• 10 Blueprints (6 BPs and 4 UMG widgets) and one example map to show how setup works, just click Play to try out a game.
• Card deck with 52 cards generated and ready to use. Project is in great shape to start working on your own card games right out of the box.
• Cribbage is just an example of the multitude of games possible with this setup.
• Cribbage rule set. See Rules of Cribbage on Wikipedia if you’re unfamiliar.
• Players take turn to discard 2 cards to the Crib
• Once crib is full, Turn card is cut.
• Play proceeds according to rules until all cards are played.
• Basic AI to play against. This is provided as is and is simply here to show the basics of how to do it, but not intended for shipping.
• Debug functionality
• iOS support. Users will need to set up their own provisioning to get this working. See this post for help in doing so.
Intended Platform: Desktop for learning purposes. iOS was tested on iPad mini Retina and iPhone 6s Plus.
Important/Additional Notes: A list of Card IDs and values as well as an overall explanation of the project can be downloaded here.