You must sign in before using shopping cart.Sign In
Conway's Game of Life in a material
CGOL is Conway's Game of Life written in an Unreal Engine 4 material.
Notable features include:
* Well organized and commented assets
* No C++, just Blueprint
* No custom nodes, meaning it will port to anything that supports rendering to texture
* An easy to use slot for plugging in custom materials that display the game state however you like
* Robust seed support, meaning you can drop in any texture you want to start the game and it will automatically be interpreted as 1 bit monochrome on a playfield of the texture's size
* Tiny download
* Works on Desktop, HTML5, and Mobile
What you use it for is up to you. Perhaps you have an idea for how to incorporate its unique aesthetic, or plan to treat the game state as a bitmap seeding a procedurally generated world. Please let us know if you come up with anything interesting!
List of every effect: Conway's Game of Life in a material
CPU, GPU, and\or mesh emitters? None
Number of Effects: 1
Number of Materials: 3
Number of Blueprints: 1
Number of Meshes: 0
Intended Platform: Any that support render to texture
Platforms Tested: CGOL has been tested and confirmed to work in monoscopic view on Windows 10, macOS Sierra, HTML5 in Chrome and Firefox, and Android 5.1.1
Documentation Included: No
You will start receiving news, events, and webinar information soon.
Looks like you've unsubscribed in the past, please click here to resubscribe again.
Connection error. We are not able subscribe you right now. Please refresh page and try again.