You must sign in before using shopping cart.Sign In
Area-Based Procedural Generation is a system that takes procedural generation and adds control, so everything isn't out of the level designers control.
Area-Based Procedural Generation is a system that takes procedural generation and adds control by letting the level designer place objects as presets which get spawned and micro-managed even further.
Utilizing "Areas", procedural generation is easier than ever before! Simply add your meshes/lights/particles/etc to an "Area Preset" blueprint, assign which objects can get moved/rotated/or not spawn at all, and let the system do its magic! These "Area Presets" are then spawned at random via an "Area Spawner", which further increases the procedural generation factor of your worlds!
By doing this, you combine the replayability of procedural generation with the artistic touch of level design. This ensures players have a new experience every time, and ensures you that they won't encounter any undesired generations!
Please keep in mind, this asset is a set of blueprints whose functionality is only limited to your asset library and creativity. Any assets included are from Epic Games themselves and are used solely for demo purposes.
• With only 3 blueprints, your side is made simple.
• Build from small to massive environments all procedurally at runtime!
• Area Presets provide control to add that artistic touch to a typically-programmed procedural generation algorithms.
• Use Area Types to decide what type of area to generate.
• Using Area Spawners, simply assign what presets can spawn, and the spawner does the hard work for you!
• Random Objects and their companion Random Object Group Managers help you add one or multiple single assets to randomly generate at runtime, including materials.
• Interactive blueprints tutorials included!