You’ve been hired to improve the quality of life for people who commute to work every morning. The typical bus stop has not changed much in years. Most bus stops / shelters consist of a simple covering and a bench. Why not create a more inviting environment for people who spend every morning waiting for the bus. How people start their day has a great impact on the rest of their day. Let’s make this morning ritual more pleasant for commuters!
Students will design a bus shelter using a 3D CAD software of choice, and Twinmotion. In the process, students will:
- Learn about architectural sketching to develop original designs.
- Incorporate 2D and 3D CAD modeling to formalize final designs.
- Transform CAD models into a walkthrough animation using Twinmotion.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drafting and drawing principles.
- Develop and test hypotheses while engaging in the iterative design process.
Students will be able to:
- Identify and apply the steps of the design process.
- Gather and apply information pertinent to design planning.
- Plan and organize the project.
- Create concept and scaled sketches of bus shelter ideas.
- Use appropriate design tools to create CAD drawings.
- Produce a flythrough with Twinmotion.
- Report and reflect on their experience with the design process using a suitable oral and/or written format.
Grade 11 (Ages 13+)
Explore more lesson plans