In collaboration with Scalable Display, Barco, Immersive Display, and Simthetiq, this is a demonstration of nDisplay in a dome. Using traditional simulation pipelines, users can generate visualization solutions based on Unreal Engine able to deploy from a cell phone to a dome passing by XR HMDs. Additionally, in this interactive demo visitors will discover Simthetiq simulation 3D assets specially produced for Unreal Engine for the first time.
A first look at nDisplay: Simulation multi-channel projections made easy with the new native blending and warping capability in Unreal Engine
Driving training innovation: A high-fidelity VR military vehicle full-motion simulation showcasing the advantages of CM Labs’ Vortex combined with Unreal EngineVortex, the high-fidelity multibody dynamics simulation engine from CM Labs, has recently been integrated with Unreal Engine. The capabilities of this new Unreal Engine plugin will be demonstrated in this driver training simulation, with D-BOX motion cueing system generating the kinesthetic cues.
Introducing an interactive and open infantry training framework: Offworld Industries and Aperium present an innovative infantry training alternative to the simulation communityOffworld Industries’ framework is an Unreal Engine-based set of plugins, assets, vehicles, and human representations dedicated to defense applications, a true-to-life sound effects generation system, and map terrains representative of field operation stages. All are geared toward creating an applicative software layer that can be used to create training exercises. The framework is built on top of Unreal Engine, which is Offworld’s core platform. Offworld couples Unreal Engine’s realistic graphics output with its Blueprint visual scripting system to handle any body of data that needs to be incorporated into the training.
Innovation showcase - Booth #2588We’ll be showcasing Unreal Engine in the 2020 Innovation Spotlight in booth #2588 on Wednesday, December 4 at 2:45 PM. Join us as Sebastien Loze, Epic Games’ Simulations Industry Manager, presents Unreal Engine’s Training and Simulation vision. This innovation showcase session will be an opportunity to learn about how Epic Games is supporting industry collaborations and existing open standards.
Unreal Engine on the show floor
ARA - Booth #2572Applied Research Associates (ARA) is an international research and engineering company that specializes in defense technologies, civil engineering, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and blast testing and measurement. ARA will be demonstrating projects built with Unreal Engine technology, including:
- A joint terminal attack controller VR platform
- Synthetic terrain generation from DoD sources into an Unreal Engine format
- Rapid conversion of drone data into Unreal Engine VR platforms
- A portable Air Force Virtual Trainer combined PC and VR platform
Bionatics - Booth #2320Bionatics provides real-time, large-scale procedural terrain to the training and simulation community. Its middleware solution enables the community to reach the highest resolution possible from very coarse GIS datasets.
Visitors will experience the world premier demo of Blueberry3D integration in an Unreal Engine context. In collaboration with B-Design3D, Bionatics have produced the first version of the Baka geographic virtual environment, which is UE4-ready and supports Physic Based Rendering (PBR) materials. A copy of this demo will also be available on demand at the Unreal Engine booth #2161.
CESI - Booth #2084
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. (CESI) will be showcasing a number of its Unreal Engine applications built for simulation and training using its EDGE platform, including:
- A First Responder Sandbox (FRS) training tool for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- An Attack the Network (AtN) training tool for the US Army
- Several other pilots, prototypes and proofs of concept for US military, customs, and law enforcement agencies
A multiplayer tank shooter game will be available to play at the booth, and there will be an official announcement of CESI’s recent agreement with Epic Games related to licensing and support of Unreal Engine technology.
Inlusion: Booth #775Inlusion is a VR/AR company that specializes in delivering a wide range of immersive solutions across many different industries, including manufacture, transport, energy, healthcare and more. It will showcase a number of VR and AR projects, including:
- An award-nominated Boeing 737 Thrust Reverse Opening Procedure for Oculus Quest (Mobile VR)
- A de-icing and anti-icing procedure in VR
- An augmented reality Boeing 737-800 Engine
- Its AR catalog
SimCentric Technologies - Booth #1259
SimCentric Technologies develops simulation software to facilitate safe, effective and realistic combat training in specialized, safety-critical domains. At this booth, visitors will see its simulation platform built on Unreal Engine that is:
- Optimized for team-based VR training
- Standards-based, HLA/DIS/CIGI capable
- Designed to enable mission rehearsal, collective training, and part task training
- Integratable with SAF-FIRES to provide accreditable joint fires training
TrianGraphics - Booth #980Trian3DBuilder is the data integration and editing tool for the automated generation of large scenarios that focuses not only on flight, rural, and nautical databases, but also on the generation of urban scenes. At this booth, TrianGraphics will showcase new and existing functionality in Trian3DBuilder, including:
- Integration with Datasmith, enabling any environment to be easily exported and integrated into Unreal Engine
- Expanded capabilities for building creation and automatic road generation, with a worldwide highly accurate road database
- Powerful GIS data processing capabilities for generating simulation environments
Offworld Industries - Booth #2580Offworld Industries’ framework, built on top of Unreal Engine, provides plugins, assets, vehicles, and human representations that can be used to create defence training exercises. They will be showcasing projects built on this framework that include:
- An immersive operational readiness training environment that provides a platform for remote communication and orientation of NATO forces from remote bases around the world. (Presented on NATO booth #2173)
- A collaboration with Vigilante Designs showcasing Unreal Engine’s ability to drive high-fidelity experience into the training realm by showing a complex operation environment in mid-battle between two modern army forces employing remote-operated vehicles to locate and eliminate enemy units.
Presagis - Booth #2848Presagis delivers simulation and graphics software to defense and aeronautic organizations around the world. It will be showcasing projects that include:
- AI-Driven Pattern of Life: Watch a fascinating demo of how entities are assigned behaviors in a geolocalized hostile combat environment using AI.
- Dismounted Immersive Ground Motion VR Trainer: No joysticks. No teleporting. Real walking. Walk with unprecedented freedom of movement in a VR pod trainer.
- Unreal and Ondulus NVG: A next level, ultra-realistic NVG simulation running within Unreal Engine using a VR headset.
- ORB ViewR: Launched last year at I/ITSEC, the free ORB ViewR is an Unreal Engine-powered viewer for large-scale CDB environments.
- OpenFlight Importer: This new OpenFlight importer allows users to use all of their .OFT assets in Unreal Engine.
Quantum3D - Booth #1049Quantum3D provides training and simulation technologies, and integrated solutions and services for the commercial, civil, and defense markets worldwide. It will be showcasing its parachute simulator, providing an insight into how the system helps to:
- Train paratroopers in VR environments
- Decrease the number of real jumps and classroom training sessions
- Make paratroopers more aware of the geographical environment, which increases the success of each operation
HTX Labs - Booth #1392HTX Labs will be demonstrating its EMPACT XR content authoring, management, and distribution platform built on Unreal Engine. It will showcase two high-fidelity immersive training simulations developed in collaboration with the US Air Force:
- A T-6A/B Emergency Procedure (EP) training simulation developed as part of the Air Force - Pilot Training Next initiative
- A C-130 transport aircraft wheel and tire change simulation being developed as part of the Maintenance Next initiative
These demonstrations will show integration with the Oculus Quest and Varjo VR-2 headsets, as well as use of the BeBop data gloves. In addition, HTX Labs will be providing an early look at its EXEMPLAR content creation tool that enables subject matter experts to create original, high-value content in a fully-interactive, 6-DOF synthetic environment.
Cubic is a worldwide provider of training systems that deliver the critical warfighting skills necessary to achieve mission success, no matter the conditions or adversary. Cubic’s industry-leading, next-generation training solutions include: multi-domain live, virtual and constructive (LVC) training, immersive simulation, game-based learning, air combat training, and high-fidelity combat training systems.
CUBIC - Booth #1948
- Game-based learning studio
- LIDAR-fed high-fidelity interior environments delivered through Unreal Engine
- Ties Cubic Global Defense’s industry-leading learning science to Unreal Engine immersive game environments to train personnel on complex systems with high retention
- Uses Unreal Engine to create an H.264 ISR video feed that replicates UAS feeds for training exercises (including platform/sensor telemetry)
- Allows full LVC scenarios to render on operational systems for analysts, warfighters, and command decisions with excellent fidelity
*This list is not intended to be comprehensive of all places where Unreal Engine will be demonstrated on the show floor.
Teams will be asked to solve an Air Force training problem by developing a prototype training solution. The solution may be a game, an AR/VR system, a simulator, or a combination of these. The Air Force training problem will be to develop a solution which will be of high value to airmen, pilots, maintainers, or others in the Air Force. Unreal Engine will be one of the tools available to use, along with other simulation software products. Epic Games Support team leader, Martin Sevigny, will be working with the four teams as a non-biased mentor to help them with the programming and integration challenges they will face.
Iron Dev Challenge
Kickoff event: Monday, December 2 | 10 AM
Ends: Thursday, December 5 | 10 AM
- Naval force graduates (representing Navy and Marine Corp)
- Air Force
- Bohemia Interactive sponsored team
We look forward to seeing you at I/ITSEC 2019.