Epic Games Releases January 2011 Unreal Development Kit Beta
Epic Games, Inc. has released the January 2011 UDK Beta, the latest version of the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides access to the award-winning toolset used in blockbuster video games, 3D visualizations, digital films and more.
Epic is committed to providing the UDK community with regular software releases at no charge, and the latest beta is available now at http://www.udk.com/download.
We’re very pleased to have released UDK with iOS support. UDK users are invited to check out our new iOS Development forum. Here, you can take advantage of free tutorials, documentation and help from other mobile developers.
Have a UDK project you want to show off? Share it with the community in the Works in Progress forum or the Released Projects forum.
- Various image reflection quality and performance improvements have been made.
- Optimizations have been made to particle emitters, as well as memory improvements.
- PhysX is now supported on iOS.
- Rigid body physics, fracturable meshes and ragdolls are among supported features.
- Note: Cloth, fluids and soft bodies remain disabled on iOS for performance reasons.
- Upgraded to iOS SDK 4.2
- The latest version of UDK Remote supports ping functionality, so it knows when it is talking to a PC.
- The latest version of UDK Remote’s text entry box has been fixed on older versions of iOS.
- The rotation widget now draws how many degrees have been rotated in the viewport.
- Kismet undo is now able to undo shortcut key-inserted sequence actions.
- An option to preserve degenerate triangles has been added to the FBX importer.
- Various fixes were made to the FBX importer, including rotations in Matinee, LODs, lightmaps, tangents on movement curves and auto tangents on cameras.
- When importing atop an existing object in an unloaded package, there will now be a confirmation screen instead of clobbering the existing object.
- The AnimSet Searcher now searches all AnimSets that are currently loaded.
- You can now double click on colors in the material editor to open a color picker.
- The new Align to Floor editor lets you snap actors using their pivot point.
- There is now a map check warning for combat volumes and triggers that aren’t referenced.
- You can now re-order properties in the favorites panel.
- A confirmation dialog is now displayed when baking instanced mesh paint data back to the mesh asset.
- The group selection dialog now defaults to listing just the groups in the current package.
- Properties for Location, Rotation and Scale3D are now displayed in real time in the property windows when objects are modified outside of them.
- Ctrl-Shift-A can now be used to select all Kismet actions.
- Various improvements were made to Unreal Frontend including key bindings, map sorting and new cook/make buttons.
- The Bink player has been upgraded to version 1.99a.
- The network profiler takes into account all actors types, RPCs and properties that are replicated during a data stream and then summarizes replication counts and sizes.
- UDK Forums: http:www.udk.com/forums
- UDK Developers on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2493123
- UDK on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/UDK/183744733429
- Epic Games on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/EpicGames
- Unreal Engine on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/UnrealEngine
© 2011, Epic Games, Inc. Epic, Epic Games, Unreal, Unreal Development Kit, UDK, Unreal Editor, Unreal Engine, UE3, AnimSet Editor, Unreal Content Browser, Unreal Frontend, Unreal Kismet, Unreal Lightmass, Unreal Matinee and UnrealScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
10月14日（日）に横浜にて開催される『 UNREAL FEST EAST 2018 』の参加登録を開始しました。
まもなく正式版のリリースがされる UE4.20 の新機能をご紹介！