What is GitHub?
GitHub is a widely-trusted web-based hosting service for software development projects. The entire Unreal Engine source code is available on our GitHub page, ready for you to access!
How do I access Unreal Engine 4 C++ source code via GitHub?
1. Navigate to GitHub and Sign up for an account.
2. After creating a GitHub account, sign into UnrealEngine.com with your verified Epic Games account.
3. To open your account dashboard, hover over your username, and select the Personal button from the drop-down menu.
4. With your account dashboard open, select the Connected Accounts tab from the sidebar.
5. After opening the Connected Accounts menu, select the Connect button below the GitHub icon.
6. Read and agree to the Unreal Engine End User License Agreement (EULA) by following the displayed prompt.
The prompt will not display if you have already agreed to the Unreal Engine EULA.
7. If you are signed out of your GitHub account, you will be directed to GitHub to sign in after clicking the Link your Account button.
8. To complete the OAuth App Authorization process, click the Authorize EpicGames button.
To learn more, read GitHub’s overview on Authorizing OAuth Apps.
9. Finally, a confirmation email will be sent to your attention, verifying that your GitHub and Epic Games accounts were successfully linked.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email, or if your account is experiencing problems, get help from Customer Service.
You are now ready to get started by going to our GitHub page to download the full source.