What is GitHub?GitHub is a widely trusted web-based hosting service for software development projects. The entire Unreal Engine source code is available on our GitHub page, ready for you to access!
Do I need source code via GitHub?
Most developers will have everything they need using the installed version of the engine, but if you want to modify the engine directly, or contribute your changes to the community, this is the right place for you.
How do I access Unreal Engine 4 C++ source code via GitHub?1. Navigate to GitHub and sign up for an account.
2. After creating a GitHub account, sign into UnrealEngine.com with your verified Epic Games account.
3. To open your account dashboard, hover over your username, and select the Personal button from the drop-down menu.
4. With your account dashboard open, select the Connections tab from the sidebar.
5. After opening the Connections menu, select the Accounts tab, and then select the Connect button below the GitHub icon.
6. Select the Unreal Engine End User License Agreement (EULA) appropriate for your needs and read through the terms, then select the Link Account button.
The prompt will not display if you have already agreed to the Unreal Engine EULA.
If you are signed out of your GitHub account, you will be directed to GitHub to sign in after clicking the Link Account button.
7. To complete the OAuth App Authorization process, click the Authorize EpicGames button.
To learn more, click Learn more about OAuth to read GitHub’s overview on Authorizing OAuth Apps.
8. GitHub will send an email inviting you to join the @EpicGames organization on GitHub. You must select the Join @EpicGames button in this email within seven days to complete the GitHub and Epic Games account linking process.
Upon completion, you will receive an email from Epic Games verifying that your GitHub and Epic Games accounts were successfully linked.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email, or if your account is experiencing problems, get help from Customer Service.
You are now ready to get started by going to our GitHub page to download the full source code.