Learn How to Develop High-End Mobile Games with the Action RPG Sample Project
Recently shipping alongside Unreal Engine 4.20 is the Action Role Playing Game (Action RPG or ARPG) sample project. As the name suggests, Action RPG is a fast-paced, third-person hack-and-slash game that was built from the ground up to help developers learn more about how to use UE4 to develop high-end mobile games for both Android and iOS.
Inside of the Action RPG sample project and accompanying documentation you will find a wide range of topics that any UE4 developer will find useful. Some of the topics that this sample covers are.
- Utilizing C++ and Blueprints together in a UE4 project.
- Setting up and using certain aspects of UE4's Ability system.
- How to support multiple platforms like Android, iOS, PC, Mac, and consoles.
Things to Consider:
- Due to the complexity of UE4's Ability system, ARPG only utilizes a small subsection of the available features.
- Certain aspects of this project also require that you have a good understanding of how C++ works.
We hope you enjoy this sample project and we look forward to seeing the projects you develop!