This course explains how to work data in Unreal Engine's Blueprint visual scripting system. Topics include defining data in Blueprints; how to communicate data between Blueprints; and identifying the various methods and Blueprint classes that are used to store and apply this data. All concepts are explained in a way that’s understandable to new users.
You will learn how to:
Explore more courses
- Define important methods of storing data such as the different variable types, Structs, and Data Tables.
- Identify what the Game Mode class is and its intended uses with other classes, such as the Game State.
- Communicate data between Blueprints and reference important common Blueprints like the Game Mode and Game Instance.
- Implement persistent data via the Game Instance Blueprint and maintaining stats between loading levels.
- Write data to the SaveGame class for later use, iterate on that data, then load the data.