In this tutorial, Alex Coulombe introduces you to the basics of using Magic Leap in Unreal Engine and utilizing its many inputs to showcase an architectural scale model. Alex covers setting up the Magic Leap SDK in Unreal Engine, importing a Revit model using the Datasmith plugin, and teaches how to manipulate the model with your head, hands, and motion controller in an augmented reality environment. For those who are interested in developing for the Magic Leap platform but don’t have a device, Alex also covers using the Magic Leap Simulator.
You will learn how to:
Explore more courses
- Use Zero Iteration to test their map in realtime in their real-world environment on the Magic Leap One device.
- Implement usage of the Magic Leap controller to interact with the environment.
- Snap meshes to a specific location in the world using image markers.
- Apply functionality to occlude digital content in a scene.
- Apply a vignette effect to digital content in a scene to assist in heightening a user's presence in the environment.