In this course, Matt Wadstein introduces you to the changes users will see when moving projects over to Unreal Engine 5. He demonstrates how to upgrade existing projects, covers numerous editor changes you’ll need to know, and numerous tips, tricks, and details to help you get up to speed quickly in the new streamlined UI.
Matt also covers a number of the technical details of engine changes—things you may need to know, particularly for legacy projects.
Note that this course is produced in an Early Access “alpha” version of Unreal Engine 5. As with any Unreal Engine version heavily in development, engine features and the user interface may change before the final release, including those demonstrated in this course. We do not recommend using an Early Access or Preview version for production.
You will learn how to:
- Open an existing Unreal Engine 4 project in Unreal Engine 5.
- Navigate the changes to the UI.
- Customize their layout with the new editor changes.
- Identify new features and how to enable them.
- Understand major changes to the engine.
Preview this course
Explore more courses