In this introductory course to compositing in Unreal Engine, you’ll learn the basics of creating an A over B composite. Follow along and learn different techniques to get the best results from the Composure plugin.
We’ll explore how to place a CG actor into real footage (provided for the course). You’ll learn various ways to approach different challenges you could face when trying to recreate your own composites after taking the course. By the end, you will understand real-time compositing in Unreal Engine at a beginner level.
We’ll cover concepts and practices for compositing images that are rendered in real time. We’ll also look at practical ways to achieve the visual fidelity in Unreal Engine that one would expect from Nuke, Flame, or similar DCC. Examples include integrating CG into live action and live-action keyed footage into CG for perspective and 360° cameras.
You will learn how to:
- Create a believable, real-time composite within Unreal Engine using the Composure composite layer system.
- Enable the composure plugin in a project to allow for compositing CG elements onto real pre-recorded footage.
- Build a composite material in Unreal Engine to create A over B compositing within the editor.
- Use real photo references to create a CG enivornment to better implement CG actors into real footage.
- Make a simple interface with buttons that allows users to change features to a composited character at run time.
Preview this course
Explore more courses