This course will begin by showing how to plan a level blockout in 2D to build as a fully playable 3D space. The level blockout will be shown from the initial rough phase built from primitive Static Meshes, to the more detailed phases of interior and exterior architecture built from modular proxies. Finally, the blockout will be refined for gameplay with the addition of basic lighting and collisions. At the end of this course, the student will know how to build a space ready for playtesting and further iteration.
You will learn how to:
Explore more courses
- Recognize the role of a junior level designer on a game development team.
- Plan a level design from 2D to 3D.
- Block out a level using primitive Static Meshes.
- Learn how to use proxy Static Meshes for building level blockouts.
- Identify how to enhance a blocked-out playspace for usability in playtesting.