This course is for gameplay designers new to Unreal Engine who want to prototype their own ideas in a way that allows for rapid iteration.
To demonstrate the features that facilitate these fast prototyping workflows, we will create a first-person aim trainer.
You’ll get an introduction to the different tools in Unreal Engine that make it a pleasure to explore your creative ideas, including the Blueprint visual scripting system, Function and Macro Libraries, and more.
You will learn how to:
- Create a Blueprint Actor with different behaviors utilizing Blueprints.
- Use Function and Macro Libraries to reuse Blueprint code in multiple actors.
- Identify the inheritance relationship between a parent and child actors.
- Implement Blueprint Interfaces to communicate between Blueprints.
- Save and load player scores using Game Instance and Save Games.
Preview this course
Explore more courses