In this project-based course, you’ll learn how to plan a game scene through prototyping the layout and how to take it into an alpha state.
First you’ll learn how to properly plan a project using reference and written guidelines similar to a studio production. From there, we cover how to set up the scene in Unreal Engine and how to edit your First Person Template.
After that, we jump into laying out the space in a blockout and how to edit if needed to get the sizing and flow feeling right. Next, we review how to re-import and place updated content in the scene, and how to create materials from scratch. We end the course by covering lighting and atmospherics that help take the project to an alpha state.
You will learn how to:
- Recreate the process for blocking out a 3D environment.
- Edit a blocked-out scene based on testing of pacing and flow.
- Use best practices to light a scene to create a believable mood.
- Apply post-processing volumes to modify the color grading and atmosphere of a scene.
- Import custom assets into Unreal Engine.
2 hours, 6 minutes
Explore more courses