Learn to make your games more emergent and dynamic with the reusability of components. This course will cover the technical how to use components on top of the usual Unreal Engine inheritance whilst explaining why this can be beneficial. We’ll look at how the efficient reusability of components can lead those emergent gameplay moments that create fun replayable gaming experiences. We’ll create several different component classes to demonstrate how to implement the different component types. While learning how to create these classes, we’ll cover how to add them to multiple different actors in different ways, effectively reusing simple components for varying results. By the end, the learner will have a better understanding of using components in their project as well as the theory of how they can be used to improve and expand gameplay.
You will learn how to:
- Identify what Blueprint Components are and how they can be used in development.
- Create custom actor and scene components which employs unique logic to manipulate movement.
- Attach scene and actor components onto Actors using C++ code.
- Use component types in the appropriate places during development.
- Implement interfaces to communicate between components and their parent easily.
Preview this course
Explore more courses