Unreal Engine is packed with tools that are invaluable for environment artists, along with opportunities to learn skills crucial for working in production scenarios and developing full scenes.
In this intermediate-level course, you’ll be guided by Unreal Engine veteran Clinton Crumpler on a journey through the skill sets needed as an environment artist working with Unreal Engine in a production scenario.
These skills include things that would be expected of any advanced or mid-level environment artist working in a AAA or startup studio. Watch this course and get the know-how to be a fully functioning and useful member of an environment team.
You will learn how to:
- Organize scene assets and levels for use as an environmental artist.
- Modify various properties inside of a master material and material instances.
- Control physical and visual properties of a material’s surface.
- Use material blending to blend multiple tileable textures.
- Paint different material surfaces onto meshes using Vertex Painting.
Preview this course
Explore more courses