Did the novel have to end that way? If you were the author, is that the ending you would have written?
Students will analyze the text, come up with a different ending, and develop an island in Fortnite Creative to act out and record the ending as they envision it. The final product will be a machinima video produced with Fortnite Creative and screen recording software. *Machinima is filmmaking within real-time 3D virtual environments, often appropriated from existing video game engines.
Students will be able to:
- Analyze a literary work and develop an original ending.
- Write a screenplay based on their original writing.
- Utilize the tools in Fortnite Creative Mode to create a virtual setting using prefabs, galleries, and devices.
- Direct “actors” in games based on a written screenplay.
- Utilize screen recording software (and/or video editing software) to produce a machinima video based on their screenplay.
Grades 9 - 12 (Ages 13+)
Explore more lesson plans