How cool is your remote controller? Not cool enough? Well, here’s an opportunity to make your device stand apart! Your challenge is to design a remote control device that will set the standards for the future of TV screen time. With the help of Twinmotion, you’ll define your product’s appearance, and produce a series of high-quality rendered images to show off your design.
Students will create a remote controller device using a 3D CAD software of choice and Twinmotion. In the process, students will:
- Learn about design sketching to develop original designs.
- Incorporate 2D & 3D CAD modeling to formalize final designs.
- With Twinmotion, transform CAD models into photorealistic presentations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ergonomics, drafting, and drawing principles.
- Develop and test hypotheses while engaging in the iterative design process.
Students will be able to:
- Identify and apply the steps in the design process.
- Gather and apply information pertinent to design planning.
- Plan and organize the project.
- Create concept and scaled sketches of design ideas.
- Use appropriate design tools to create CAD drawings and full-scale, 3D-printed models.
- Produce photorealistic render images with Twinmotion.
- Report and reflect on their experience with the design process using a suitable oral and/or written format.
Grade 12 (Ages 13+)
Explore more lesson plans